Sunday, April 26, 2009

Finding the One...

Lately I've been trying to find a new signature scent that I'm in love with. My current collection includes: Angel, Burberry Brit, Anna Sui, Philosophy's Falling in Love, and the room spray by Anne Fontaine (strange I know...). Some of my favorite perfumes have been phased out, and are no longer available. These included Gucci Rush 2 and one from Escada in a long heart shaped bottle with a gold trim.
I've been on a bit of a hunt for something new that I will love and I think I may have found it!
First I'll tell you what DID NOT work, and why.
1. Michael Kors Bermuda - just don't like it a bit, I can't explain it really.
2. Stella McCartney - It doesn't last long, and it reminds me of one of the old Gap fragrances, either Dream or Heaven, I can't recall which one.

Ok, now on to some of the others that I did like, and their faults if any...
1. Juicy Couture - Honestly, I think this may be the winner here. I can smell it all day, and it's not too overpowering.
2. Viva La Juicy - I love this too, but I find it reminds me a little of the Burberry Brit, and it doesn't quite last as long as the original Juicy.
3. Gucci Flora - I do like this, maybe because it reminds me a bit of the old Rush 2. I wish it lasted longer...
4. Hanae Mori - I like this... It smells of cotton candy, and it's very feminine. I would highly consider this perfume.
5. Versace Bright Crystal - Again, a very nice light scent that also reminds me of the Rush 2, but lighter than the Gucci Flora. I can hardly smell this on myself.

So there we have it, my top 3 contenders in order are:
1. Juicy
2. Viva la Juicy
3. Hanae Mori

I'm tempted to buy both of the Juicy's at the same time, but I'm not sure my wallet could handle it!

FYI - the fragrance by Philosophy called 'Falling in Love' is identical to the Trish McEvoy #9 but only half the price.

No comments: